Martin Henry is a network of chartered professional accountants, operating through partnership and corporate arrangements. For the purposes of this Agreement, Martin and Henry (MH) includes, corporate entities and partners providing services under the trade name Martin Henry, their directors, officers, principals, employees, contractors, agents, and affiliates.
This Privacy Notice outlines the policies and practices of MH when collecting personal or private information from you via the Martin Henry web portal (which can be found at: https://mhportal.martinhenry.ca/Login, through any other web sites owned and operated by MH ( “MH Web Sites”), or through and all other forms of electronic communication.
By using the MH Portal, visiting the MH Websites, or providing information through all other forms of electronic communication, you hereby agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to be bound by the Privacy Notice you may not use the MH Portal, the MH Web Sites and may not provide us with personal or private information by any form of communication.
Types of Nonpublic Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following non-public personal information about you:
- information we receive from you through the MH portal, or on application or other forms completed by you;
- information about transactions and communications with us, including payment for services provided by us to you;
- information we receive from others that you have sent to us; and
- our Web server automatically records your IP address when you visit the MH Portal and/or the MH Web-sites. This information is used in aggregate form to help us understand how visitors use the MH Portal and the MH Web Sites, for server and network operation and maintenance and to help us understand general usage patterns. No personally identifiable information is collected unless you knowingly provide it.
Disclosure of data collected
As a client or former client of MH, MH will only disclose non-public personal information about you or your business as provided in this Policy Notice.
You acknowledge and agree that MH may disclose non-public personal information about you or your business in the following circumstances:
- Within the MH organization, to partners, employees and other staff of MH for the purpose of assisting in providing accounting, tax and other professional accounting services to you (the “Professional Services”).
- To subcontractors or other non-affiliated third parties (including, but not limited to, lawyers, bookkeepers, banks, tax companies) for the limited purpose of assisting us to provide the Professional Services.
- As required or permitted by law or by Codes of Professional Conduct, including but not limited to complying with a validly issued and enforceable summons, subpoena, search warrant or with legislative requirements.
- For the purpose of participating in actual or threatened legal proceedings or alternative dispute resolution proceedings initiated against MH or any of its officers, directors, principals, employees, contractors, or affiliates.
- To data processors, hosting or IT support providers, suppliers or providers of goods or services for the purpose of processing your request for services and/or maintenance of our systems and infrastructure, and for MH’s internal administrative or back office purposes.
In addition, in aggregate form, information relating to users of the MH Portal and the MH Web Sites may be provided to third party advertisers and business partners for editorial and feedback purposes, marketing and promotional purposes, statistical analysis of users’ behavior, product development, content and layout improvement, and to inform advertisers and business partners as to how many visitors have seen or clicked on their advertisements. No personally identifiable information is provided.
How can I access or change my personal data or withdraw my consent?
You are entitled to request access to and correct all your personal data collected by us. You are also entitled to require us to delete your personal data if we have not yet, and you no longer want us to process it.
If you have previously consented to the collection, holding, processing, use, communication and/or disclosure of personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time. MH may however retain your personal data for specific time periods to comply with its professional obligations and to preserve its rights or all it to comply with its obligations in relation to relevant professional services.
To make a request for access or delete your personal data, or to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data, contact MH by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing and sent to:
Martin Henry Chartered Professional Accountants
101 – 1012 Balfour Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6H 1X1
Such requests or inquiries will be deemed to have been given and received if sent by electronic transmission on the date that is one business day after the date of receipt, or if by mail, on the date received or on the date that is the sixth date after mailing, whichever is earlier.
How long is personal data retained?
MH will retain your personal data only as long as it is reasonably necessary for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice and to the extent necessary to preserve MH’s rights or allow MH to comply with its professional obligations in relation to relevant professional services.
How is personal data secured?
MH utilizes industry standard and accepted security systems in an attempt to protect personal data and to eliminate unauthorized access to private information. MH does not however guarantee the security of your personal and private information. By using the MH Web Site, the MH Portal, and by providing us with your personal information, you assume all risks associated with unauthorized access and subsequent use of your personal and private information and at no time will MH have any responsibility or liability to you in connection with any such unauthorized access or use of your personal and private information.
MH reserves the right to transfer all data in its possession to a successor-in-interest to its business or assets.
MH may use “cookies” on the MH Web Sites and the MH Portal to personalize and enhance visits to the MH Web Sites and the MH Portal. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by the websites that you visit.
Cookies help personalize your web experience by remembering choices that you make and provide a convenience by saving you time on subsequent visits to MH’s Web Sites. For example, when you return to MH’s website, cookies enable that site to remember information from prior visits, and cookies may save data such as name, password, user-name, screen preferences, and pages viewed.
Cookies are uniquely assigned to a particular computer, and when placed on your computer (through access MH Web Sites and/or the MH Portal), they will only allow MH’s web servers to access those cookies. Cookies do not collect private information about you or your computer and do not provide information about you to other companies.
Cookies are widely used and MH encourages you to accept cookies from MH as they will help provide you a more seamless, personalized, and effective web browsing experience and keep our site compelling and informative.
Links to Other Web Sites
The MH Portal and MH Web Sites may contain links to other web sites that are not owned or controlled by MH. MH is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other web sites. This privacy statement applies only to the MH Portal.
Amendments to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be modified or amended at any time and for any reason. You will be notified of any change in this Privacy Notice.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
MH, the MH Portal, and the MH Web Sites are controlled and operated by MH from offices in and around Vancouver, British Columbia. By accepting this Privacy Notice and providing your consent to the use of your personal data as set out herein, you agree that all claims you may have arising from or relating in any way to this Privacy Notice shall be construed and enforced according to the laws of the Province of British Columbia and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of British Columbia in connection with such disputes or claims.
Last Revision Date
This Privacy Notice was last revised on December 29, 2016.